M.I.L.K. Crates (Or Mobile Internet Library Kits) are bundles containing a laptop and free WIFI hotspot available for checkout at the LaGrange Library! Each Crate checks out for three weeks, and can be lent to any adult with an Oldham County Public Library card in good standing. Individuals can place a Crate on hold for pick up at the LaGrange Library. The Crates cannot be sent to the branches in the run.
These are provided by a grant from the Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- DELL Latitude 550 laptop ($809)
- Laptop cord ($26)
- Computer mouse ($10)
- Laminated instruction sheet ($2)
- Jetpack MIFI Hotspot ($199)
- Hotspot cord & charging block ($13)
Conditions of Use:
- Borrower must be 18 years of age or older and hold a valid OCPL card in good standing.
- Kit is loaned for three weeks (21 day), no renewals, and must be returned in-person at the LaGrange Branch (NOT IN/BY BOOKDROP). Patron will need to complete and sign intake form when returned.
- An overdue fee of $20 per day will be charged to the borrower if not returned by due date.
- If not returned by the due date, hotspot mobile service will be turned off.
- Equipment one week or more overdue will be considered lost and the borrower will be billed for the full replacement cost ($1059). OCPL may also pursue theft charges by notifying the appropriate agency.
- Repair/replacement of missing/damaged parts will be billed at the discretion of the OCPL Director.
- Borrower will not attempt to alter accessories/hardware, change settings, or device security.
- Borrower assumes full responsibility for any harm, injury, or damage relating to the use of equipment.
Place a M.I.L.K Crate on Hold
M.I.L.K. Crate Virtual Tech Help
If you would like to schedule a virtual zoom session with a librarian for help using your M.I.L.K. Crate, please click below. This service is for individuals who currently have a Crate checked out. For more assistance, patrons can call 502-222-9713
M.I.L.K. Crate Tech Assistance