Position Title: Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Classification: Administrative Librarian
Institution: Oldham County Public Library
Location: 308 Yager Ave, LaGrange, KY 40031
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Schedule: 37.5 hours, some nights and weekends
Salary: Starting at $42,900.00 (negotiable with experience)
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, Health, Vision, and Life Insurance, CERS Retirement System
Immediate Supervisor: Library Director
Positions Directly Supervised: None
Start date: Early February, 2022
Distinguishing Features of Class:
Under the general direction of the Director, the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator ensures the strategic integration of marketing initiatives across multiple formats and channels, including planning promotional campaigns for the library, assisting with setting policy, and advising the library administration and staff on improving/maintaining a positive image for the library in the community. This position also oversees the creation and development of promotional materials for library programs and events; ensures consistency with Library brand and graphic standards, and coordinates with library staff in the planning of public events. Duties require exceptional time management skills, independent judgment, and independent action.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or related fields combined with experience in digital communications
- 3 years progressively more responsible related work experience; public relations experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency using computers, Microsoft Office products, and desktop-publishing programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Publisher and Photoshop
- Must be proficient with the use of G-suite, including Google Analytics
- Must have excellent communication, design, writing and presentation skills
- Must have, or be able to obtain, proper certification from the State Board of Certification for Librarians
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving history. Personal transportation that can be used for business travel is required
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress
- Knowledge of basic photography principles
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Familiarity with public libraries or other non-profit experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain relationships with local media, including television, radio and newspapers, for the purpose of increasing public awareness of the library and its programs and services
- Prepare and distribute press releases and other media announcements
- Arrange publicity opportunities
- Serve as the primary media contact for the library and represent the library at public functions when directed by administration
- Plan, develop and implement public relations strategies and marketing campaigns
- Work with other library staff to write and design promotional materials for library programs and services while arranging all aspects of publication. This includes editing and proofreading print and electronic publications such as flyers, posters, brochures, forms, and signage
- Monitor and manage the library’s website and serve as primary liaison to website support company
- Build, manage and direct the library’s social media presence, and coordinate team to engage audiences across channels
- Select, design, and requisition library-themed merchandise to sell or use as promotional items; reorder and update materials such as business cards, bookmarks, branded stationery
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and implementation of adult, children, and young adult programming, receptions, book signings, special events, etc.
- Select and plan library exhibits that have local interest and correspond to the library’s overall mission
- Develop and implement periodic surveys of the library’s users and other community members regarding the library’s current programs and services
- Manage the library’s print and electronic newsletters while maintaining consistently updated mailing lists
- Develop and maintain an annual marketing plan and crisis communication plan
- Maintain the Library’s brand identity
- Serve as library photographer/videographer during library events
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people of all demographics.
- Maintains composure while handling complaints from the public.
- Maintains working relationships with other community leaders.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage daily tasks alongside short-term and long-term projects.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to flourish in a changing environment.
- Dependable, motivated self-starter.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively.
- Employee may need to occasionally carry, push, pull, or lift up to 30 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Must have ability to work under pressure, coordinating multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and meet firm deadlines.
Must occasionally work an evening or weekend as dictated by special event schedule. Must occasionally travel to offsite meetings and events.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for this position please submit application, resume and cover letter to the following:
Director Jessica Powell email@example.com
LaGrange Library, 308 Yager Ave, LaGrange, KY 40031
Download application here