OCPL Now Hiring for Building Maintenance Worker
Position posted: July 30th, 2013
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Under general supervision of the Library Director or Asst. Library Director, this position is responsible for planning and coordinating scheduled maintenance, routine repair, and minimum housekeeping for three library facilities. The Facilities Manager serves as the principal liaison with contractors and service providers and interacts extensively with other staff members.
An employee at this level is expected to perform assigned activities without detailed instruction as to specific procedures to be followed and receives only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise, and is fully capable of attaining the skills and knowledge to perform the assigned duties and operating procedures and policies.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from entryway of Library; Monitors and maintains water feature.
- Empties, cleans and maintains trash receptacles and recycling bins in appropriate locations throughout facilities.
- Routes materials between three libraries in the County twice a week.
- Moves and arranges furniture and office equipment, prepares meeting rooms set ups and takes down when completed; special events set ups; collects recyclable materials.
- Purchases and stocks supplies and general maintenance of equipment and materials used in the custodial work; Keeps order lists of materials needed. (Filters for HVAC, lamps for fixtures, etc.)
- Maintains supplies in kitchen areas, restrooms, meetings rooms and related maintenance storage rooms;
- Operates, maintains and repairs kitchen appliances; meeting room’s equipment; and other related building and facilities provisions.
- Operates small hand tools and other equipment necessary in related custodial work and facilities maintenance including the replacement of lamps in fixtures, plumbing fixtures and related equipment; makes routine repairs to equipment, appliances and facilities; performs routine maintenance and safety inspections of facilities, appliances and equipment.
- Performs limited electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and painting work to maintain Library buildings.
- Performs security checks of buildings and grounds; observes and reports suspicious persons; secures storage rooms, interior and exterior doors as directed.
- Performs routine custodial work and cleaning activities such as sweeping exterior walkways; interior entryways; hallways; hose down entry, sidewalks; clean interior and exterior windows and glass; mopping; waxing and buffing floors; vacuuming traffic areas; spot cleaning of carpets or replacement of carpet tiles.
- Dusts and cleans Library areas and office furniture; cleans upholstery; counters; ceilings and window sills including spider webs.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen areas and bathroom areas; stocks and replenishes supplies and materials.
- Medium to heavy work [lifting, pushing or pulling 50-100 lb. maximum]
- Reaching, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and crouching to perform building maintenance and repair
- Carrying or otherwise moving boxes, equipment, furniture into and out of various buildings
- Handling, manipulating and operating a variety of hand and power tools and powered equipment
- Visual acuity sufficient to read gauges, perform visual equipment and facility inspections, read printed text in a wide range of font sizes
- Able to drive, has valid drivers’ license.
- Climate controlled environment within library facilities
- Barrier free work areas within library facilities
- Exposure to heat and cold while transporting materials and performing building maintenance/repair
- Exposure to vibration from vehicle movement and power tool operation
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities
- Problem Solving
- Communicating with contractors and public
- Creating written communications
- Completing written orders
- Ordering parts, supplies
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting
Hours: 16-20 hrs. per week
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Flex time negotiable
Cover letter and application may be submitted in person at the Main Library in LaGrange, or mailed to:
Human Resources Dept.
Oldham County Public Library
308 Yager Avenue
LaGrange, KY 40031