OCPL Now Hiring for Assistant Programming Coordinator Position
Position posted: April 24th, 2013
Application Deadline: May 17th, 2013
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Library Assistant
REPORTS TO: Public Services/Outreach Librarian
STATUS: Non-exempt, Part Time
PAY: Commensurate to experience
Under direction of the Outreach Librarian, the Assistant Programming Coordinator specializes in helping facilitate planning, coordination, and execution of programming for the Oldham County Public Library. The Assistant Programming Coordinator performs specialized tasks in relation to this including helping the Library maintain a social media presence, coordinating with outside agencies, travelling throughout the county on Outreach duties, and assisting in the maintaining of statistical records. This is a part time (22hr a week) non-exempt position. Job requires a moderately flexible schedule with availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Assist with special events including set up, management of program, and clean up.
- Help manage meeting room set up and arrangements for public organizations
- Be part of a team creating meaningful social media content
- Assist with patron computer instruction
- Help build outreach services to homebound patrons
- Add creative input to future program development
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of high school or GED
- Prior customer service experience
- Valid Kentucky Driverís license. Good driving record and personal vehicle required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7
- Familiarity with Google drive & calendars
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to stoop, stretch and climb to retrieve materials and conduct programs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Moderate strength to rearrange furniture & clean after programs
Cover letter and application may be submitted in person at the Main Library in LaGrange, or mailed to:
Human Resources Dept.
Oldham County Public Library
308 Yager Avenue
LaGrange, KY 40031